COSHH – CONTROL OF SUBSTANCES HAZARDOUS TO HEALTHCourse ref: 40.025
This course is designed to provide delegates with an overview of the hazards and control of substances deemed harmful to health. It is ideal for personnel working in light chemical or pharmaceutical industry, and also for those whose duties involve any exposure to such substances, from delivery to use, and eventual disposal.
By the end of this full day course delegates are expected to have understood the fundaments of COSHH management
- Health Hazards, defined: physical, biological, chemical.
- Classifications and labelling
- Assessing the risks ( risk assessment, safe systems of work, personal protective equipment )
- Industry- specific case studies.
- Managing Risks- Avoidance, substitution, technological improvements, chemical registers, standard procedures and emergency response, material safety data ( storage, handling, use, spillage, firefighting, First Aid, disposal )