Basic First AidCourse ref: 74.000
This course is in accordance with he European Red Cross, the European Resuscitation Council Guidelines and recognised by the Malta Occupational Health and Safety Authority. OBJECTIVE To train personnel in the theoretical and practical hands-on skills of First Aid to the injured.
- Dealing with emergencies and handling casualties.
- Performing cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Dealing with choking and near drowning accidents.
- Dealing with unconscious casualties and the recovery position.
- Breathing difficulties including asthma.
- Dealing with wounds, controlling bleeding and shock; this includes eye injuries, nose bleeds, chest injuries, amputations, crush injuries and impaled objects.
- Heart attack, angina and stroke.
- Head and spinal injuries.
- Dealing with fractures and muscular injuries.
- Burns and scalds.
- Poisoning, Anaphylaxis and substance abuse.
- Heat – related emergencies.
- Diabetic emergencies.
- Seizures and epilepsy.
- Minor ailments.
- The First Aid Kit.
- Bandaging Skills