ATEX AWARENESSCourse ref: MT038
To understand how flammable gases, mists, vapours or dry combustible dusts cause explosive atmospheres in the workplace.
Topics Topics covered in the course include:
• What is an explosive atmosphere?
• Where can explosive atmospheres be found?
• What is ATEX?
• ATEX 137 – Workplace Directive
• Explosive atmospheres in the workplace
• ATEX 95 – Equipment Directive
• DSEAR – UK
• Equipment and protective systems intended for use in an explosive atmosphere
• Classification of areas where explosive atmospheres may occur
• Identifying areas where explosive atmospheres may occur
• Anti-static clothing
• Confirming /verifying overall explosion safety