NFPA 1021 FIRE OFFICER 1Course ref: NFPA 1021 FIRE OFFICER 1
This 3 week course introduces learners to the basic concepts of management and supervision.
Course title: NFPA 1021 Fire Officer I
Duration – 3 Weeks
Course overview and learning outcomes
This two-week course is based on NFPA 1021: Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications. This modular course identifies the requirements necessary to perform the duties of a first line supervisor and introduces the learner to the basic concepts of management and leadership by concentrating on such topics as community relations and risk reduction, fire department administration, pre-incident planning and code enforcement, incident command and safety & risk management
- The Fire Officer as a Company Supervisor
- Understanding Leadership and Management Theories
- Leading a Team
- Community Relations and Risk Reduction
- Fire Department Administration
- Pre-incident Planning and Code Enforcement
- Command of Initial Emergency Operations
- Safety and Risk Management
Who should attend and key benefits?
This course is designed for individuals who are required to perform the duties of a first line supervisor and assists learners in making the transition from firefighter to company officer
How is the module assessed and accredited?
- Observations and practical skill assessments throughout the programme carried out against specific assessment criteria
- A series of written subject matter assessments against the NFPA 1021 Fire Officer I standard