BASIC FIRST AIDCourse ref: 74.000
This course is in accordance with he European Red Cross, the European Resuscitation Council Guidelines and recognised by the Malta Occupational Health and Safety Authority. OBJECTIVE To train personnel in the theoretical and practical hands-on skills of First Aid to the injured.
Course title: BASIC FIRST AID (MALTA RED CROSS)
Course Ref: 74.000
Description: This course is in accordance with the European
Red Cross, the European Resuscitation Council
Guidelines and recognised by the Malta Occupational
Health and Safety Authority.
Objective: To train personnel in the theoretical and practical
Hands-on skills of First Aid to the injured
• Dealing with emergencies and handling casualties
• Performing cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• Dealing with chocking and near drowning accidents
• Dealing with unconscious casualties and the recovery position.
• Breathing difficulties including asthma
• Dealing with wounds, controlling bleeding and shock; this
Includes eye injuries, nose bleeds, chest injuries,
Amputations, crush injuries and impaled objects
• Heart attack, angina and stroke
• Head and spinal injuries
• Dealing with fractures and muscular injuries
• Burns and scalds
• Poising, Anaphylaxis and substance abuse
• Heath-related emergencies
• Diabetic emergencies
• Seizures and epilepsy
• Minor ailments
• The First Aid Kit
• Bandaging skills
Prerequisites Good physical and mental health.
Duration 2 days
Participants Maximum class size – 20 persons
Certificate ISTC / Malta Red Cross, valid for 3 years.