OEHTM – OFFSHORE EMERGENCY HELIDECK TEAM MEMBERCourse ref: 20.100
This program is designed to meet the initial onshore training requirements for Offshore Emergency Helideck Team Members as identified in the UKOOA guidelines for Competence and training in Emergency Response.
Following a series of explanations, demonstrations and opportunities to practice, delegates will be assessed against the competence standards relating to the following course content.
Maintain a state of readiness
- Identify and locate helicopter operational hazards, hazardous areas, access routes and points.
- Identify and locate all relevant equipment and controls.
- Pre-plan the response to likely incidents.
Carry out routine equipment checks
- Clean BA set and carry out service checks.
Respond to emergencies
- Respond to the appropriate alarms
- Prepare to enter the incident area
- Enter the incident area and work safely
- Rescue personnel
Minimize loss to helicopter and platform structure
- Carry out fire fighting operations
- Carry out non fire fighting operations