JOIFF FIRE FIGHTER LEVEL 1 – INCIPIENT
To train fire brigade members to the Incipient level. It provides the basics of emergency incident management and the capability to extinguish small industrial fires while wearing normal work clothing. This is specifically approved to NFPA 1081: Standard for Industrial Fire Brigade Member Professional Qualifications, and NFPA 600: Standard on Industrial Fire Brigades. It covers basic organization, combustion, fire behavior and portable fire extinguishers, demonstrates safe methods for hose-lines and types of fire streams, and shows common procedures for identifying industrial hazardous materials.
By the end of this 2 week course , successful delegates will be competent to:
- IF101 – 1 Organisation & Safety
- IF102 – 2 Combustion & Fire Behaviour
- IF103 – 3 Portable Fire Extinguishers 1
- IF104 – 4 Portable Fire Extinguishers 2
- IF105 – 5 Fire Alarm Systems
- IF106 – 6 Fixed Extinguishing Systems
- IF107 – 7 Fire Hose
- IF108 – 8 Fire Streams & Nozzles
- IF109 – 9 Hose lines & Master Streams
- IF110 – 10 Hazard Recognition
- IF111 – 11 Incident Management
- IF112 – 12 Loss Control: Salvage
Certification: An ISTC “Successfully Completed” certificate is issued to those who attain a satisfactory assessment mark. An “Attended” certificate is issued when the assessment is not achieved.
Rates include: Registration; coffee breaks; lunch; transport to and from airport; transport to and from hotel: lecture notes; personal protective equipment for practical exercises; training certificates; government taxes, where applicable.