Cherry Picker / Scissor Lift OperatorCourse ref: 61.020
This module introduces participants to the principles of safe work using aerial platforms including cherry picker and scissor lifts. The theoretical aspects of the course are complimented by practical sessions during which basic operations are explained.
By the end of this two day course, successful delegates will have an understanding of:
- General Safety Rules
- Manual handling guidelines
- Planning and execution of work
- Using the aerial platform safely
- Safety features on aerial platforms
- The effect of the centre of gravity on stability
- The capacity chart
- Materials Safety data sheets
- Routine inspection and repairs
Case studies involving aerial platform accidents are discussed to warn Participants against taking unnecessary risks.
The practical sessions will make use of platforms in use at one of the participants’ premises. Sessions will involve a rief explanation of the platform operations manual and basic operations are explained.