FOOD SAFETY FOR OFFSHORE INSTALLATIONS
The main aim of the Food Safety for Offshore Installations course is to reinforce the existing safe food handling knowledge of food handlers / facilities managers / occupational health officers on board offshore installations.
FOOD SAFETY FOR OFFSHORE INSTALLATIONS COURSE OUTLINE
- The importance of food hygiene
- Legal responsibilities
- Overview of risk analysis within a restricted food preparation environment
- How food borne diseases may occur
- Sources of contamination
- Importance of food premises’ requirements (pre-requisites)
- Temperature control during storage and delivery
- Importance of cleaning and good housekeeping
- Use of check lists.
- Food safety management systems based on the HACCP principles.
- Supplier control
- Identifying hazards
- Addressing hazards through adequate evaluation
- Monitoring of procedures
- Reviewing of procedures